Tuesday, 8 June 2010

Hyperbolic Crochet

So, recently I took up crochet. Mainly because a friend linked me to the awesome Cthulhu pattern over at Chthulhu Crochet and Cousins. But even after I'd sorted the basics, I didn't want to make the Chthulhu just yet, as the only colour wool I had was a bunch of cream stuff my grandma had given me to get going with. My local wool shop (apart from being painfully expensive. And small. And limited in its supply) didn't have anything like the shade of green I'd want to use, so for the while I contented myself with some painfully expensive green wool from Uruguay to make a scarf with, and, when bored of working on that, using the wool my grandma gave me to make a representation of hyperbolic growth, after seeing this video on Youtube. I also knew it was the kind of thing the boyfriend (Domibaar, as he shall henceforth be called) would like. It's not as hyperbolic as it could be since Domibaar decided he wanted it to be obvious that it was one plane, but mainly because I ran out of wool. It's nowhere near as colourful as a brain coral but it's still pretty fun to play with and twist around.

No comments:

Post a Comment